We all have personal and private information on our mobile devices that we do not want anyone to see without our consent. Some of the most common are messages, emails, passwords, and, of course, photographs. Precisely, we want to talk about the photographs, since if you are an iPhone user, there are some very useful functions that you can apply to give an extra touch of security and greater privacy to your image gallery.
Therefore, join us to learn the easiest ways to hide your photos on the iPhone with a password and have the peace of mind that no one will be able to see them without your permission. Best of all, you won’t need third-party applications for this.
How to Hide Photos on iPhone?
A very practical way to maintain your privacy and hide those photographs that you do not want anyone to see is by discreetly hiding them in your gallery, and although there are many apps within the App Store that fulfill this function, you really do not need anything more than the Native photo app for your iPhone or iPad.
Now, to hide the photos on the iPhone or iPad, just follow a few simple steps that we describe below:
- On your iPhone or iPad, go to the “Photos” application.
- Then select the “All Photos” album.
- Now, find and choose all those images that you want to hide so that they are not displayed in your gallery.
- Once you have selected them, go to the “Share” option located at the bottom right of your screen.
- Next, a floating window will appear with a set of options, where you must choose “Hide”.
- The device will ask you for a confirmation to hide these files, you just have to accept and that’s it.
As you will notice, it is very easy to “disappear” those private images that you have stored in the main album of your gallery. But, if at any time you want to access them again, just go to the “Hidden” album so that they are shown again in the main album.
How to hide photos on iPhone with a password?
You already know how to hide photos from the main album on the iPhone, but if you want to go a little further and guarantee greater security and privacy not only to certain images but to your entire photo gallery, there is a very practical alternative that you can do and that is through the app “Notes”.
Yes, as you read it. Apple allows the “Notes” application to set a password lock or use Face ID / Touch ID to increase your security and privacy. If we add to this the compatibility with image and video files, you can have a more secure “gallery” on your mobile.
Of course, we have to clarify something for you. To enjoy this feature, you must have a device that has iOS 12 or higher version installed on your iPhone or iPad, otherwise, you will not be able to access it.
So you can use the Notes app as a safe gallery
- Open the Notes app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Create a new note and press the “+” icon to add multimedia content. In this case, an image or video.
- Select the files you want to protect from your gallery and then finish the process by clicking on “Ok”.
- Now, you must save the note and return it to the main screen of the app. Without opening the note, slide your finger to the left and press the lock-shaped icon that appears on the right side.
- At this point, you will need to add a password and then you can link your Face ID / Touch ID to access its content.
In this way, after you have created your note and selected all the information you want to protect, you can delete it from your gallery so that it is not accessible if someone checks your mobile. And do not worry, you will not lose your images and videos, since they will be backed up in the note at all times and without losing quality.